As we previously posted Cassandra Clare and Holly Black will be in London tomorrow 17/08/2017 for a Q&A and book signing with fans. The event is sold out.
There are a few house rules that I wanted to share with you all in case you didn’t get the email from Waterstones or have forgotten:
The event starts at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm)
Due to the popularity of the event and the strict rules about the venue’s closing times, the publishers have reworked the guidelines so we wanted to clarify these with you before the event.
- Cassandra Clare will personalise and sign one book per ticket holder in the queue. This must be either The Dark Artifices: Lord of Shadows or Magisterium: The Bronze Key.
- Cassandra Clare will sign (no personalisation) two further books per person in the queue.
- Copies of the books can be purchased at the event from Waterstones or attendees are also free to bring their copies with them from home.
- Holly Black will sign all copies of books written by her.
- There will be no posed photographs with either author due to time restrictions. Staff will be on hand to take a photo of you getting your books signed on your camera/phone.
- Everyone who attends the event will receive a limited edition Shadowhunters postcard pack and an exclusive Lord of Shadows poster.
- Attendees who also pre-order a copy of Holly’s new book The Cruel Prince (published January 2018) from Waterstones.com www.waterstones.com/book/the-cruel-prince/holly-black/9781471406454 and show confirmation of their pre-order at the event will be given an exclusive money-can’t-buy Cruel Prince goodie bag and a personalised signed bookplate.
St James Church’s address is 197 Piccadilly London W1J 9LL, between Piccadilly and Jermyn Street, about 200 yards from Piccadilly Circus.
Now, I went to Cassie’s event at at St James Church a few years back and the venue is beautiful but I wanted to share a few things I learnt last time. The queue is a bit of a pain as it is just on the street and it is quite busy. So be mindful of people walking 😛 Also there was a guy who sold little London souvenirs that gets angry at people standing/sitting right next to his stall (I was that person last time!) so best to leave a nice gap and queue either side of the stall if he is still there.
Myself (Sarah), Cat from TMI Source, and Alessia from Shadowhunters.IT will be there so if you see us please come say hi 🙂